Nightswimmer is a team endurance swimming event lasting 12 hours. See how far you can swim in the time period! A unique swimming experience held throughout the night in the 50m heated main pool of Sandford Parks Lido in Cheltenham. There will be lighting in the swimming pool during the dark hours as well as around the facility. You are encouraged to dress appropriately for the night time illumination!
This is a fun swimming event, with a competitive edge and in keeping with the fun aspect the event requires honesty and self-officiating from the participants. Teams must be made up of a minimum of 3 people with a maximum of 10 per team.
- Each team must provide a ‘length counter’ (doesn’t have to be a swimmer taking part)
- Teams must submit an order of the swimmers. These orders must be stuck to and each swimmer can only swim up to a maximum of 1 hour at a time.
- If a swimmer suffers an injury whilst swimming, the order may be changed.
- Teams are welcome to pitch tents or event shelters on our main lawn area as long as they are removed by 10:30am the next morning. Lockers are also available for valuables.
- Teams are responsible for their own food and drink supplies.
- The Café Lido will be open providing food, drink music and UV lighting at limited times.
- Swimmers must attach a glow stick to either their goggles or costume by cable tie during ‘dark swims’ between 9pm and 4am! (glow sticks can be pre-purchased during sign up)
Team entry cost – £225
NEW FOR 2017:
Not part of a team? Still want to try the Nightswimmer? We are pleased to offer individuals the chance to swim set distances of 1k or 2k during the night between 10pm and 4 am. This will give you the opportunity to experience the facility in its night time glory!
Individual entry costs
1km – £22.50
2km – £30
This swim race is operated for the benefit of Sandford Lido Ltd (charity #1052203) the charitable trust which operates Sandford Parks Lido.