The GE Aviation Aquathlon is a fast swim/run event held over two distances which raises funds for the charitable trust which operates Sandford Parks Lido. It is designed for competitors aged 13 and above who enjoy a personal or team challenge. The race starts with a swim in the heated main pool of the lido followed by a fast, flat run on pavement, grass and parts of Sandford Park. There are two separate race distances at which you can choose to compete. 400m swim, 2.5km run and 800m swim, 5km run. Please note children aged 13-17 can only enter the 400m/2.5km event.
The event is managed by Sandford Lido Ltd (Registered charity #1052203) with support from GE Aviation.
Event Details and Schedule
Swim 400m - Run 2.5km or Swim 800m - Run 5km
- Wave starts will be used with participants starting at scheduled times. This exact times for this event are to be confirmed.
- Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the run route so you know where you are going on the day.
- All applicants must be aged 13 years or over. For under 16s the age groups are Tristar 3 ages 13-14, Youth ages 15-16.
- Persons with a good level of fitness should only participate in this event. Entry is entirely at your own risk.
- Prizes will be awarded for the highest fundraiser, first placed male, first placed female and first placed team.
- No refunds after June 14th.
2.5K RUN ROUTE:
5K RUN ROUTE (2 laps - anti-clockwise direction):