National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
Sandford Parks Lido is an IQL Approved Training Centre for lifeguard training including the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) which all pool staff must undertake to work at the facility. Throughout the season the lido hosts a number of NPLQ training courses. These are typically a week of training with an assessment at the end. Details of what the course entails can be found at the Royal Lifesaving Society website www.rlss.org.uk
Please note that due to the current health crisis we will not be running any lifeguard courses this season. If this changes it will be advertised on our website and through our social media.
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits
Monday 13th - Friday 17th April 2020 -- CANCELLED!
Monday 29th June - Friday 3rd July 2020
Click Here to Enrol