2021 dates for the NPLQ course are:
- May 2021: Saturday 29th May - June 3rd 2021 - SOLD OUT!
- June 2021: Monday 28th June - Friday 2nd July 2021 - SOLD OUT!
Please email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list for these courses.
To book an NPLQ course, please select from the dates at the bottom of this page.
The course requires that you complete 40 hours and as such it is required for you to have 100% attendance.
Each day will be a mixture of wet and dry sessions, both around the Sandford Parks Lido complex and in the classroom, please being appropriate clothing for post swimming and in case of wet weather.
YOU MUST BE 16 YEARS OLD OR OVER TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE.
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits
Lunch and Refreshments
Please bring your own lunch- Our main cafe will be unable to provide main meals.
There is a pay and display car park at Sandford Parks Lido.
At the start of the week we will need to see some form of photo ID, such as a driving licence or passport that proves you are who you are to complete the course, please bring this on the first day.
The assessment is on the afternoon of last day of the course. To obtain a lifeguarding qualification you will need to attend the assessment and successfully pass it. At the beginning of the teaching week this will be fully explained.
You will need:
Pens and Highlighters.
A jacket or coat.
Money for Parking.
Swimming costume, including t-shirt and shorts.
Once signed up and paid for the course, please fill in this form; NPLQ Enrolment Form 2020 and return to firstname.lastname@example.org